Welp, it’s my birthday! Happy birthday to me. I’ve never felt emotional about a birthday before, but I’m leaving my 20s! It feels significant, somehow. I wanted to celebrate with some fun nail art – not birthday specific, but just fun! I bought some nail vinyls from Twinkled T ages ago, and decided to give them a try. Plus, a gradient – one of my favorite nail art styles. Plus plus glitter – because you can’t go wrong with a little bling. Amiright, though?
The nail vinyls come on a sheet. After you apply your base color, add some quick dry top coat and let everything dry! Then stick on the vinyl, polish polish polish, and peel! It’s super easy, and they work very well. It’s a fun tool to use.
Here’s how I did this:
- Apply 2 coats of NCLA Take a Dip
- Apply 1 coat of Seche Vite and let dry for a while!
- When the polish feels dry to the touch, apply your nail vinyl. Be sure to press down the edges and smooth everything out
- I applied Liquid Palisade around the edges of the stencil, because I knew I was going to do a gradient over the top of it. Let dry for 30 seconds
- Create a gradient using a makeup sponge and dab on! I used NCLA Take a Dip, China Glaze Rain Dance the Night Away, and China Glaze One Track Mind
- Peel the Liquid Palisade and nail vinyl
- Apply top coat and enjoy!
Oh, and my blingy accent nail is Shimmer Polish Alice. GORGEOUS! I sponged it on for maximum bling.
I really loved these nail vinyls. So cool! I got mine from Twinkled T – and I’m excited to try more styles!
Anyways – hope you’re all enjoying my birthday out there 😉