I saw Into the Woods over the weekend – and… um… I’M OBSESSED. The timing was perfect, watching a movie about fairy tales, leading up to a full week of fairy tales nail art! One of the main themes in Into the Woods is the story of Jack and the Beanstalk – about a boy who sells his beloved cow for some magic beans, which grow into a huge beanstalk that leads him up to the giants in the sky. Anyways, I thought it was cool how the movie never actually showed Jack in the sky. He climbs the stalk, but you don’t see the classic depiction of a giant’s castle. It’s about Jack’s experience, and how his story intertwines with the other tales. For this nail art, I decided to show you the magic beans (on my thumb), the giant beanstalk with its leaves in the sky, and the aerial view of the farm that Jack sees as he looks down on his home.
I’ve always loved the view from airplane windows – you can see the interesting patterns of farm and land from a vantage point that you can’t normally see! Do you think that this view is what Jack saw, up up up high on the beanstalk?
I used a bunch of polishes for this look!
- Shimmer Alice (thumb background)
- Jessica Mad for Madison and Sinful Colors Snow Me White (beans)
- Essie Mojito Madness, Sparitual Eye of the Beholder, Nubar Wildlife, China Glaze Holly Day (beanstalk and leaves)
- Essie Mesmerize, Essie Strut Your Stuff, Sinful Colors Snow Me White (sky gradient)
- Essie Mojito Madness, Sparitual Eye of the Beholder, Nubar Hot Yell0w (aerial view of the farm)