Oof, I know that summer is almost over, and I am just now posting the China Glaze Desert Escape Collection. I received it quite a while ago, but had a lot of anxiety over swatching everything. I have some new resolutions to post about fun stuff that I like, so I decided to do amazing nail art featuring each shade from this beautiful collection. China Glaze, I love you! I was excited to see how I could squeeze each shade in this collection into one look, and I came up with a fun summery ikat print. I decided to accent the whole thing with a little white – and I love how it pops!
I used each of the polishes in the China Glaze Desert Escape collection to complete this look. I used a small detail brush and layered on the colors, when I finished, I added a white accent (I can’t remember which brand, sorry!), and top coated with Seche Vite.
- Meet Me in the Mirage is the coppery rose gold-y shade at the base and tips of this look. It’s a very pretty foil, and I love how it accented this nail art! It reminds me of desert sand, glimmering in the heat. The name of this polish is totally apt!
- The Heat is On is the gorgeous orange-red shade in this mani. I loved this shade for summer so much that I wore it on its own for a while – and I hardly ever wear art-less polish!
- Rain Dance The Night Away is a bright robin blue. Not a completely unique shade, but I just love how it fits in with this collection.
- Don’t Desert Me is the rose foil shade in this nail art. I think this polish fits in with the collection, but it does strike me a bit as an “old lady” shade, if you know what I mean. It’s pretty in art, though.
- What’s She Dune? is just that – a sandy nude polish. This one was a little thin, but still workable.
- Don’t Mesa My Heart is kid of a bubble gum, Barbie pink. Needless to say, I love it. PINK.
Welp, I’m sorry to be posting this collection so late! All in all, I really enjoyed this fun mix of colors, and it really does remind me of the desert. It’s a nice alternative to neon, and it equally as summery!
You can find these shades wherever China Glaze polishes are sold, including Sally and Ulta.[PR Sample]